The theme this week was bakes of the Victorian era.. I wasn’t too keen or too familiar to be honest so I decided my spin on it this week would be an old classic-Victoria Sponge!
200g Self Raising Flour
200g Soft Butter
200g Caster Sugar
1 level teaspoon Baking Powder
4 Beaten Eggs
2 tablespoons of milk
1. Cream the butter and sugar until pale then add the eggs slowly
2. Sift in the flour and baking powder and mix then add milk
3. Divide between greased cake tins and bake at 180 deg for 20-25 mins or until golden brown and a clean knife can be inserted as a test!
4. Allow to cool and fill as desired.. Some suggestions below!
- Jam centre with a sugar topping, simple but my favourite
- Strawberries and cream centre
- Lemon curd and cream centre
I can almost smell it-Enjoy!