This struggle is real… the realities of pregnancy number 2 has been quite a different experience for me. As the 40 weeks comes to a close here are some of the good, the bad and the frankly funny which have come about…leaving out the boring/moany symptoms!
Food on bump: A meal or snack seldom passes without a baby wipe needed to take away the leftovers on the bump!
Making it up the stairs: Somedays it has felt like Everest just getting to the top!
Painting toes: I use the lack of being able to reach to go for regular pedis..
Wanting to eat more/all the time but not able to fit as much in: There is a stage of pregnancy where all you want to do is eat but towards the end it’s fitting it in that’s the problem!
With this.. Feeling huge: I don’t think my bump is much bigger than with Josh but my body has definitely expanded and with aches and pains comes less exercise which is currently replaced by cake and that ain’t helping!
Baby number 2 involves caring for a toddler too and this can bring its good and bad parts…
- Belly becomes a ‘hill’ for racing cars which is definitely fun for someone.
- Belly also inhibits precious cuddle time, a real proper squeeze doesn’t become possible towards the end.
- Hormones/tiredness makes nice mama into bold mama, apparently!
- Sharing the milestones and excitement with your first is very special.
- A still irregular sleeper in our almost 3 year old somewhat prepares us for the further sleep deprecation ahead.
- In and out of car seats, picking up toys etc is pretty back breaking as pregnancy progresses.
- The emotion of the shift in our family dynamic, from our precious first born to expanding our family can hit me when I least expect it and cue-all the tears!
Would I change it, not for a second, are there hard days-yes and I’m sure some also lie ahead but how lucky am I and our family as we grow from 3 to 4! My first boy brings good and joy in every day and I’m excited for that to double in just a few weeks when his little brother arrives.