We survived the first week of summer hols… only 7 more to go!!!
We got the weather so that helped but I’ll be glad of the feet up with glass of wine tomorrow after what felt like a verrry long week.
Anyway every summer we do make a bucket list and this year is no different. Some are re visiting places we have been years before, others that we didn’t quite make it to and then there are some new ones that have made it to the list.
It’s not always about the grand plans/big adventures but I do find getting out mid morning helps structure the day better and then an easy evening with some neighbourhood cycling/scooting tires them out in time for bed.
I am sharing my list below and will highlight our adventures through the summer on instagram too. Sharing info/places to go and things to do can only help in keeping us all sane this summer!
Days Out: For days out, I usually like to combine a little coffee pit stop for us weary parentals so all suggestions below.
- Skerries-Blue Bar for Lunch-Storm in a Tea Cup for Ice Cream-Goat in a Boat for Coffee
- Howth by Dart-Chipper lunch on the pier-The Grind Howth
- Japanese Gardens/Burtown House
- Ballymoney Beach with local fairy spot-The Duck
- Brittas Beach on a sunny day-Bay Café
- Lough Tay
- Sugar Loaf
Special days out: Before the return to school
- Tayto Park
- Viking Splash
- Aviva Stadium Tour
- Fruit picking-Lamberts Fruit Farm
- Botanic Gardens-
- War memorial Gardens-Riggers Cafe
- Marley tapas and train-at the weekend
Great Playgrounds: *all with great coffee spots nearby
- Milltown-Thru the Green
- Merrion Square-Camerino
- Herbert Park-Lolly & Cooks
- *New Playground* Sandymount/Ringsend coming soon…
This is our list but there are plenty of things to do and keep you occupied-keep an eye on local events, the libraries have great things on too. You can spend a lot or a little but it is just about having fun!
For great indoor ideas check out:
For events check out: