We are nearly all set for our holybops.. Excitement is building and the bags are nearly packed.
This year seems a lot easier than the last two with Josh. He is getting older so you need a little less and can manage with stuff over there a little more. However we have brought some essentials we hope to help the travel and whole holiday a little more smoothly. Here is our top 5:
1. Sticker book: Great for the plane or getting an extra 10 minutes at lunch!
2. Snacks: We will stock up when we are there too but always handy to have a few of the old reliables to hand…
3. Puddle Jumper: A friend of mine recommend this and I think it will be our saving grace by the pool.
4. Nemo Earphones: I picked these up in Aldi a few weeks ago and thought they would be handy for the iPad on the plane or if we are trying to get a little more time out of him at dinner.
5. Familiar items: We have bought a few new bits but I have packed some of his bedtime routine items to help with the change of sceneand routine over there.
We started Josh in swimming lessons a few weeks ago at Swim Stars
When we were away in Sligo over Christmas we noticed Josh has got very ‘brave’ in the baby pool. We are both not very good swimmers so decided that it was probably best to get him some lessons for safety.
We are off to Portugal in a couple of weeks and they have great kids pools but he doesn’t have much fear so will be keeping a vigilant eye on him making a leap for the adult pool, hence why we have also bought one of these..
Back to the lesson , so the first week Ian got in with him and me the next. Both weeks Josh was happy to get in but not too happy on initial instruction. He liked some exercises but not others. Unfortunately the one that he usually likes to do, (hopping up on the side and jumping in) he refused to do. This is the one area that teaches them if they fall in to return to the side.
I really enjoy doing a set activity with Josh at the weekends and whilst this one is taking a little longer for him to get the hang of, we will persevere and enjoy it for what it is if nothing else!